Monday, February 21, 2011

Finding Love After Loss: Is Silence Golden?

I am not a chatty person. Don't get me wrong! I can hold my own in the conversation arena, but I am also a big fan of silence.

I agree with Count Vittorio Alfieri who stated, "There is a silence, the child of love, which expresses everything and proclaims more loudly than the tongue is able to do."

In a relationship, it is important to possess the ability to have lively and interesting conversation, but in planning a long life with a partner, the ability to say 'I love you' in silence rates right up at the top of the list too!

When it comes to expressing love, here's my take on silence vs words.

Listen

There is more love in silence than words --
that special look, the fondness in the eyes, the soaring of the heart

Words cannot possibly express a feeling so powerful and strong,
for we need our hands and bodies, which are limbs of feeling,
to express the emotions of love

Words merely circle and sometimes complicate
how our bodies wish to sing

Not eloquent with words,
a simple caring caress will speak volumes to the recipient

And for those more expressive,
without the synchronicity of heart and body, the words will fall on deaf ears



No comments:

Post a Comment