Write out your name exactly as it appears on your birth certificate. Refer to the letter/number equivalency chart below, which gives a value for each letter in the English language.
Add up the letters of your name. As an example, if your birth name is John Alan Doe, this is how you would figure out your destiny number.
1. J=1; O=6; H=8; N=5; A=1; L=3; A=1; N=5; D=4; O=6; E=5
2. Add all the numbers together: 1+6+8+5+1+3+1+5+4+0+5 = 39
3. Reduce your answer (39) to a one digit number. For example, when you add 3+9, the answer is 12. Since this is still a two digit number, you must reduce it again (1+2). Your final number is 3.
4. Next, look at the Nine Life Path descriptions on the previous blog (August 12, 2016). Remember, this number identifies potential talents and abilities, as well as your mission in life. This number may change with the influence of name changes, for example if you change your name when you marry.
Using the letter/number equivalency chart above, add up the value of just the vowels in your name as it appears on your birth certificate.
Let us use the John Alan Doe example again.
1. The vowels in this name are O (in John), A + A (in Alan), and O + E (in Doe).
2. O=6; A=1; A=1; O=6; E=5
3. Add the numbers together 6+1+1+6+5 = 19
4. Reduce 19 to a one digit number. When you add 1+9, you get 10, which is not a one digit number. You must then reduce it again (1+0) to arrive at your final answer, which is one.
Look at the Nine Life Paths Chart (which includes overall characteristics of each number), which is outlined on the August 12, 2016 blog. Remember, this number describes your inner motivation or reflects the foundation of your beliefs and attitude toward life. This number also reflects what you instinctively know, although it may not be obvious to the outside world.
Next blog: How to figure out your personality number and personal year number.
For help on relationships and finding love after loss, make sure to check out my books on Amazon.