Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Are You Starving For Love?

It's Thanksgiving time, which is when we focus on the feast that we will prepare and enjoy.

When it comes to viewing the availability of quality men and women out there for dating and relationship development, how do you describe your attitude? Do you believe that there is an abundance -- a veritable feast -- of prospective mates from which to choose  OR is the landscape desolate with nary a tidbit to consume?

ABUNDANCE THINKING (FEAST)
-There's no shortage of quality men or women available to meet.
-With the bounty in front of me, it is not necessary for me to settle for leftovers or crumbs.
-If someone is not 'just right' for me, I will let him/her go because I know there IS someone right for me in the universe. I just haven't met him/her yet.

STARVATION THINKING (FAMINE)
-There are no decent men or women available to meet. 
-All the good ones are taken.
-I don't believe I will ever have an opportunity to meet many prospective partners. Consequently, I am willing to settle for less than I believe I truly deserve.
-I'm even willing to take the castoffs of others just so I can have SOMEONE.

If you believe "It's A Famine" out there, it may be necessary for you to change your world view before your dating success ratio can increase. 

Starving people can become desperate and make bad choices. The well-fed, who believe there will always be plenty, are continuously presented with multiple opportunities.

Don't settle for leftovers! Ask for, and believe, the entire meal is available to you.

Your success lies in your attitude about yourself and your opportunities. Respect and honor your own needs. Do not allow a needy attitude let you accept bad behavior from your dates.

The bottom line is to love yourself by only expecting and accepting the best life has to offer to you.

"Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and 
the universe is endlessly bountiful.
Just put forth a clear enough request, and 
everything your heart desires must come to you.
Mahatma Gandhi


No comments:

Post a Comment